Chestnut Kruger lines?

rbudge

Curious about Wooden Canoes
Can anyone advise me how I can find a lines plan for the Kruger? I want to adapt the Kruger to a skin-on-frame construction.
A friend, who owns a Kruger but doesn't live nearby, sent me a picture of a lines plan taken from a Roger MacGregor book "When the Chestnut was in Flower", but no offsets.
After paddling his canoe, I realized I had to have one, but I don't want any more cedar and canvas canoes. I can barely lift the ones I've got.

Thank you! I thought such things might be available online as so many people seem to be able to build what they claim are replicas of a canoe like the Kruger. Newfound Woodworks plans are for their version of the Kruger and cost too much for me. "Their version" might simply mean original lines adapted to strip construction, but I don't know. I might have drive up and measure my friend's canoe.
By the way, I have measured (not lofted) offsets for a late production Chestnut Fox, the 14' "Pleasure" canoe, which I would be quite happy to give to anybody who wants them. I think it's safe to assume no intellectual property rights exist.

Back