Canadian Canoe Company models and dates

samb

LOVES Wooden Canoes
Are there any Canadian canoe company catalogues available apart from the 1894 reproduction I got from the canoe museum? I’m trying to identify the model and date of my wide board and batten which was built by them. Depending on whether they introduced new models of WB&B canoes over the years, the measurements suggest I have a #5 ‘Nassau’ model in ‘F’ quality. – but I have no idea of date apart from the fact that it is later than 1892 when the company started. The picture on page 170 of ‘The canoe: A living tradition’ shows C.C.Co workers making 4 planks each side boats, but doesn’t have a date. I think I recognise my boat in the picture :rolleyes: Does anyone know when 4 boards per side became standard?

DSC01789.jpg

Thanks

Sam

Thanks for this Benson - The boat was imported new to the uk sometime after 1915 and before ww11 so the 1929 catalogue might be of some help. Unfortunately the cost of the set is a third of what the boat cost me so unless someone is able to look it up on my behalf ( which would be very kind), I'll have to give it a miss for now.

Thanks
Sam

Back