Canadian Canoe Company - 16' Hiawatha model

canvas now mostly off, thoughts? be honest - not much $ invested yet!

canvas off 254.jpgcanvas off 263.jpgcanvas off 262.jpgcanvas off 242.jpgcanvas off 256.jpgcanvas off 244.jpg

Don't know what can be added to the discussion that hasn't already been said....you can choose to do work yourself....even by taking any of the restoration courses offered by various canoe builders....or have the work done completely by any of the several competent builders previously listed....it is obvious from the photos that work is needed....but how extensive is hard to tell from photos....it needs to be seen by someone with experience in restoration to give you a better idea of cost....and what needs to be done exactly....whatever you decide it will be worth the effort....

Your points understood. I'm grateful. I'm also pleased that you haven't said .. "oh what a mess"! I thought (as a rookie) that it needed "some" work. That's still my impression. Ribs look okay, planks too .. some rot at the ends but when the canvas came off ... I wasn't horrified. The people in this forum have much more experience than I do .. and are very generous in sharing expertise.

Back