Bulk canvas

Blue Viking

Wooden Canoe Maniac
Does anyone know where I can get #10 canvas by the roll..Have a few canoes almost ready to re-cover and would appreciate any information about WHOLESALE or bulk prices...Anything saved is a penny earned!:D ....Thanks

"Its not how many strokes of the paddle it takes to get there....Its the JOY that is in the journey!".....................Blue Viking

You don't mention on your profile where you are.

Most big cities have places. I bought a roll from a place in Chicago, but it was a short drive for me. Shipping can add to the price. Simply search the web for canvas or awning places, most will sell it to you wholesale if your buying a whole roll of it.

Paul

Here's a place a friend gets his canvas. I've not used them but he says they are excellent. And they have the wide sizes for those with BIG boats.

http://www.fabricsandvinyls.com/products/numbered_duck/

I get mine through my wife's fabric store. Most fabric/sewing stores (not always those that specalize in quilting, but ask anyways) should be able to find a good supply for you.

Thanks for that site in Florida....talked it over with my future business associate for when we move to Maine!....We just ordered some #8 and some #10 for the canoes that will be ready this year....What a saving, even with the shipping and handling...and there is no limit (3yds & up) to what you order.....OH!...Someone asked where I am located!...Right now I live in the national forest about 10 miles south of where the Old Man of the Mountains used to stand!...Lincoln/Woodstock area. Great trout, salmon, and togue(Lake Trout) around here....not to mention WHITE PERCH!....Problem is that this place is so overdeveloped a poor man cant afford to live here anymore..Lots are now going for a Million and a half just to be near the major ski slopes...Soooooo.....selling while the boom is on and going to Maine this year.

Back