Who got the Gerrish?

Gerrish, Gerrish, Gerrish ME WANT A Gerrish:mad::mad::mad::mad:h, .....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I lost it for a minute there.

Hey, we didnt do Gerrish as a featured builder yet! These are popping up to the point where we need ALL of them in one assembly like Kathy suggested. Heck, Rollin alone has a floatilla of them!!

Hey, we didnt do Gerrish as a featured builder yet! These are popping up to the point where we need ALL of them in one assembly like Kathy suggested. Heck, Rollin alone has a floatilla of them!!

Actually, we did in 1987. That was before my time though, first assembly I went to was 1993...

Actually, we did in 1987. That was before my time though, first assembly I went to was 1993...

In 30 years, Assembly themes have covered a wide range.
Sometimes they have focused on a particular builder/company, occasionally on a construction type (stripper, lapstrake, birchbark). Peterborough covered an wide swath (Peterborough, Walter Walker, Lakefield and the Canadian Canoe Museum). Last year was a dual theme of 30th anniversary and sailing canoes. The theme for 2010 is "Guide Canoes and Guiding Culture"

I thought someone (Benson?) had posted the list here, but couldn’t find it.
Apparently some builders/companies have already been covered more than once. I'll post the list of themes with years once I'm back home in a new thread. Since we haven't got themes picked for even next year, it would be great if you all could share any ideas you have.

Seems to me that Gerrish, E.M. White and other early builders of wood/canvas fit easily into the "guide" theme of this year's assembly, as they were guides and built canoes for guiding, even if their canoes don't look like a "guide model".

Having a section of the green for older (pre-1920ish) canoes would include those that were originally built for use as hunting/fishing craft, as well as canoes used for pleasure-paddling and early courting vehicles. I like the idea of having these canoes in one area, where we can explore them... a history of the w/c canoe, in-person.

Also, because this area would be about "learning", more folks might bring their un-restored canoes and UFOs. We might have to get a trailer.

$300 Christmas STEAL, East Tn pic buy

YES Gang: Also just noticed that $200 New H ad last night for Gerrish. .Glad it was not a prank.. Heading still popping up on Locator LInks (?) ,but the C.L. original ad long deleted. . Glad it was a member / collector.
. Here is a $ 300 Christmas STEAL my friend got here in East Tenn. .Still trying to do the Thumbnail insert (?) , but will give a link. He got early 50's Wolverine, Excellent cond with also very rare Suspension Trailer. 16" tires. Very few other outboard guys even knew about this design.

Last edited:
Back