Steve Lapey Lecture Tonight

Fitz

Wooden Canoes are in the Blood
In Memoriam
Greetings all, Sorry for the short notice, but I thought I would bring a lecture by Steve Lapey to your attention. His lecture about Wood and Canvas Canoes is tonight at White Rose Canoe shop! You can go to the shop OR receive it via Zoom. Go to White Rose Canoe www.whiterosecanoe.com and sign up! Look under "Events". The lecture starts at 7 PM.

Fitz

Nice event! Steve and others did a great job presenting wooden canoes and their repair/restoration and use. Lots of great questions. Thanks for helping to spread the word, Fitz!

Last edited:
I just watched Steve's program. It was great. Thank you Steve for doing it and White Rose Canoe Shop for hosting and recording it to post online.
It also brings to mind that a lot of us have the knowledge and ability to offer to local organizations a lecture and slide show about wood canoes, restorations and/or canoe trips that might spark an interest in someone who to become a WCHA member. Scout troops, Lions clubs etc are forever looking for someone to put on a program for them at a meeting. The future of the hobby is in our hands and we owe it to others to pass it on. Cedar fever is a "good bug" worth catching.

Jim

Back