Don't Need a Groundhog

Fitz

Wooden Canoes are in the Blood
In Memoriam
The first sign of Spring is always the Norumbega Chapter Winter Meeting!:)

Dispatch from Steve Lapey:

NORUMBEGA’S WINTER MEETING

The Norumbega Chapter’s annual winter meeting will be held on Sunday, February 13th, at the Hale Reservation in Westwood, MA.

Once again we have reserved the Trading Post Lodge for the afternoon, from noon until 5:00 pm. We will kick off with a lunch at noon and a social hour or so, a business session to discuss what we might want to do this coming paddling season, our plans for the upcoming Assembly in July and then more socializing sharing old wooden canoe news with our canoeing friends. Be sure to bring along any projects that you are working on or gadgets that you have found helpful in the shop or in the canoe to share with the members.

Speaking of lunch, we will be serving a beef stew and the makings for sandwiches and soft drinks, tea and coffee. It would be appreciated if members could bring along a salad and some dessert items, as we have done before. Let me know what you can do, please.

A new event this year will be a Norumbega Book Sale. Bring in any old books that you have kicking around on canoeing, camping, wilderness exploring, etc. that you have read and probably won’t be reading again and we will sort them out, price them, and put them out for sale, the proceeds to go to the Chapter to help keep future dues down to a minimum. This is Brad Chamberlin’s idea, he has a bunch of books to bring and I have gathered up a few that I can spare, so, see what you can bring. I expect to come home with more than I came with.

To get to the Hale Reservation, use Exit 16B off Route I-95 (Route 128), Westwood, and follow Route 109 west to the fourth right, Dover Road. Follow Dover Road to the third right, Carby Street. Continue on Carby Street an eight of a mile to the main entrance of the Hale Reservation. The Trading Post Lodge is almost a mile into the reservation, on the right. There is a good sized parking lot across the street from the lodge.

I am looking forward to seeing all old and new Norumbega members at the meeting!

Back