Norumbega Chapter Winter Meeting

Fitz

Wooden Canoes are in the Blood
In Memoriam
This is the first sign of Spring! Steve sent this along:

Hello Paddlers,

The Norumbega Chapter's annual winter meeting will be held on Sunday, February 8, 2009 at the Hale Reservation in Westwood, MA.

This year we are going to be back at the Trading Post Lodge, it is on the right side of the roadway about a mile into the reservation. We will have some signs posted along the way, however, if you need additional directions, contact me and I'll forward complete info.

It is going to be an interesting day for all wooden canoe enthusiasts, we plan to start off with a lunch spread, Fitz is once again making a batch of his famous chili, we will have rolls and cold cuts for sandwiches and Ed Howard has volunteered to bring a salad. There will be soft drinks, coffee and tea available.

What we need are some dessert items, so don't be afraid to bring something!

After lunch we have some business stuff to attend to, a couple of demonstrations and some display items.

If you have some interesting canoe related items or projects to bring along, please do so. Everyone enjoys seeing what others are up to.

The time is from noon until 5pm on the 8th, so, mark the calendar now and plan on coming.

Should we have a snowstorm or a blizzard I will try to keep on top of things and send out any change announcement via e-mail.

See you there!

Steve Lapey

Back