New Member, Michigan

Ken The Framer

I have four wood/canvas canoes that have been hanging in my warehouse for years. Finally decided to do something with them. Originally I was going to fiberglass them, but now have decided to canvas them. One is an Old Town, for which I have the birth certificate. One has sponsons, and may be a Peterborough. All have missing planking, broken ribs, etc., but I'm a woodworker so shouldn't have much problem getting them in shape. I'll p[ost photos as soon as I get a new battery for my digital.
I'm glad this group is here.

Welcome, Ken. Looking forward to photos of the canoes. The good folks here can certainly help you indentify them. And good for you AND the canoes that you have decided on canvas instead of fiberglass!

Michael

Ken - we have lots of members in Michigan - make sure to make your presence known. Welcome to a great group of folks.

Welcome, Ken

Joe here from beautiful Garden City, S of Livonia, W of Detroit, E of Westland, MI

I am working on a 17' Nomad stripper presently but can help if need be. Drop me a note and tell me where your from. There seems to be a lot of guys from the West part of MI and North and a few around the Detroit area. Feel free to ask about anything on this site and you will get the best answers there are or you will be referred someone that knows more than we do.

CYA, Joe

Greetings and Salutations

Kathy and Denis of the Marquette area are waving at you... and can vouch for the fact that this state has some great places to paddle and great folks to paddle with.

Thanks

...for the welcome. I've canoed for over 50 years. Canoed with Verlen Kruger abit, canoed just about every river in Michigan and Texas, my favorite is the Betsie.. Walked a canoe down the Sand River in Ontario once. Competed in the Galveston Race 3 times....didn't win,. haven't done the Ausable Marathon, Canoed at the Olympic Training Place down near Bronson, back in the 70's.....don't think it's there anymore. Got a Mad River fiberglass, a Grumman aluminum that was actually made in Michigan back in the 60's I don't race or compete anymore. Just canoe on streams in Western Michigan. So now I'm going to re-cover and resurrect these four canoes Probably won't try to get them 'original'......just beautiful.

Back