Hello from Michigan

Sawcarver

Hello everyone, I found this informative website today while researching a canoe I just bought. I'm not new to canoeing but new to having a wood and canvas canoe.

Currently I own a 17' mad river and a 14' old town plies a few kayaks. The new to me boat is a wood and canvas 16' that I think is an old town HW.

Thanks for letting me join the group

Adam

Adam -- Welcome to the WCHA -- and thank you for joining.

If wish, you can post your Old Town's serial number here (found stamped into the stem ends at both ends of the canoe) and we can give you information about the build history of your canoe.

Michigan has quite a few members, many of whom are active in the two Michigan local chapters. You will soon be receiving Wooden Canoe magazine where you will find news of chapter activities, and contact information for the chapter heads.

And again, we're happy to have you aboard.

Greg Nolan
WCHA President

Welcome fellow Michiganian. I'm fairly new myself, but have found this site very helpful.

Thanks for the Welcome, I live near Howell. And I found one chapters Face book page and joined there. Looking forward to learning

Each year, the two Michigan chapters (Michigan and U.P. Michigan) and the Illinois and Wisconsin Chapter (Great Rivers Chapter) hold a Regional Assembly-- a dialed-back version of the Annual Assembly of the WCHA which happens this year in the Adirondacks. Last year's Upper great Lakes Regional Assembly was held in Marquette, MI, and this year's will be in Shell Lake, Wisconsin, the weekend of August 26. Those attending will also have access to the Wisconsin Canoe Heritage Museum in Spooner. This is a great opportunity to meet some good people and see some great canoes-- and get lots of ideas!

http://www.wisconsincanoeheritagemuseum.org/

Hello Adam and welcome to the WCHA! You will find the people in this group very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. If you go to the front page and check out local chapters, you will find the Michigan Chapter's newsletter from January. There is a listing of upcoming events and my email (event chair), we have a few members from Howell as well. Hope to hear from you.

Debbie

Back