New Member - Mass.

larry.k

HI, I"m new member located in W. Mass. I have taken on a project of selling off the canoe of a dear freind who passed away recently. The canoe is an Old Town 16 Ft., and it is almost perfect. I have asked Old Town to verify the age of this canoe from the serial number. Not sure where to go from here. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks
Larry.k

Welcome to the WCHA.

If you don't get the information you want from Old Town, get your serial number (stamped into the ends of both stem ends) post a request for a copy of the build record in the "Serial Number Search" of the "Request" section of these forums. We can usually provide you with a copy of Old Town's build record for the canoe.

Once you have the information on the canoe, and take a few pictures of it, one place to go would be the WCHA classified ads -- in our journal Wooden Canoe and our on-line classifieds -- which are free to members.

Take a look at a current ads to see what you should include -- certainly make, model, length, current location, and price. Also anything that is unique about the particular canoe or its history.

Click on the "WCHA Classifieds" button above, and also take a look at a copy of Wooden Canoe.

People also use Craig's List and eBay to advertise a canoe for sale.

Good luck.

Greg Nolan
President, WCHA

Thanks Benson, I will find the SN. I did find a number plate riveted to the side, but I guess that is not the official SN. Larry.K

Back