Identify this deck

workingbadger

Mad Badger
In Memoriam
Hi folks,

A fellow claims this deck is from a Indian Girl. But it is far from heart shaped. Plus, he claims the canoe is 16' 10", and Indian Girls were 16'. So, can anyone identify it? hanks, you folks are great. Deck 5.JPG

(An indian Girl for $150-really?!?)

Why not? I sold one for that once... (bought it for even less from a long-time WCHAer and Rushton aficionado. A canoe is only worth what its worth, regardless of who made it. And an IG is just another rag boat, after all.... (ducking and running!)

Rag boat!

Here's what Rushton said about "CANVAS COVERED CEDAR CANOES: Are much liked by many canoeists, and while I am a very staunch believer in the wood without canvas, I am in the business to furnish what my patrons want..."

I would be curious to know the name and how to get in touch with your business so I may pass that info along to potential patrons of mine should that opportunity arise?

Sure its an Old Town, but my Peterborough 604 had that deck too. Just sayin.....
always with the rag boats....wish we could just recanvas your Mohican!

I'm not a hater, Chris, I've still got 2 and a half of 'em (all in need canvas, though...). Besides, you'll be coming out of the all-wood closet yourself soon...!

Not to hijack the thread, but ..... Lazy Jack, those are two really neat scarf joints on the decks. I'm glad I didn't see them before I did mine. They would have really raised the bar!

Back