Help identifying a wood canvas canoe.

kybishop

Curious about Wooden Canoes
I am looking at purchasing a wood canvas canoe. It needs an overhaul. It has some cracked ribs, some rot in the bow, needs the seats cained and new canvas. I have not inspected it personally, just pictures. It is about 180 miles away and the owner knows not of the make. I have some pictures if someone could help me identify the possible make of this canoe. Not sure how to post here, but can send pictures to an email address. It is a 16 foot canoe and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin

Attachments

• wood_canvas_canoe.jpg
    wood_canvas_canoe.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 466
  • wood_canvas_canoe2.jpg
    wood_canvas_canoe2.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 512
  • wood_canvas_canoe3.jpg
    wood_canvas_canoe3.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 472
  • bow.jpg
    bow.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 475
  • bow2.jpg
    bow2.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 490
Last edited:
Help posting pic's...

Kevin,

Scroll down to to the last forum, Website Suggestions and select postings back for 1 year. Specifically, 4/9/2005, "Posting Pic's" by Zach with attachments.

This should help and there are a bunch of people here that can help you identify your canoe along with advice on it's restoration.

Good luck,

Ric Altfather

Updated, pictures added.

Thanks for the help uploading pictures. I have attached several pictures. If someone could help me identify possible makes of this canoe and estimates on what it may be worth or if it is restorable, it would be much appreciated. I plan on restoring it for use, not as a show piece or anything. Thanks again.

Kevin

Canoe ID

I guess Carlton.

Shape of an Old Town but heart shaped decks. Seats and thwarts look Old Town/Carlton also. But the screws in everother rib for the keel make me wonder.

Paul

Back