Construction of a Morris

Almost there!

In the home stretch on this. We actually will be bringing the canoe to a show called the North Jersey Student Craftsman's Fair this Wednesday. The show is at the Ledgewood Mall in Ledgewood NJ It's for students in North Jersey High Schools and Middle Schools. The show runs from the 16th to the 20th. We will be displaying the mold along with the canoe, the plans and a photo journal of the process.

Just before getting the 2nd coat of varnish on we decided to get a few pics outside. So as you see it the pics it needs two coats of varnish, paint on the keel, and stem bands. It is also getting a detail stripe in black that will have to get done after the show. I'll be back with some pics at the show and it's maiden voyage soon!

DSCN1022.jpgDSCN1024.jpgDSCN1023.jpg

We actually do award a best in show. The area his canoe is in will be judged by woodworkers. They award 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, Out of the 1st places they pick outstandings and then the show committee awards the Best of Shows out of the outstandings. He should do well!

It's a boat... get it wet... finally!

Well we made it to the first time on the water, the rain stopped long enough for us to take her out for a spin around the lake. All is well! Tracks like and arrow. Now I understand better about how quiet these things are on the water. I hope you have all enjoyed the trip with us! It's been fun!

First Paddle 1.jpgFirst Paddle 2.jpgFirst Paddle 3.jpg

Back