Which quality of paint(painting) to use

Bill TRAPPEUR

Curious about Wooden Canoes
I know that the subject was already handled, but here we have no same product in France , thus here is my question, which type(chap) of paint(painting) is the most adapted to a canoé wood canvas for the resistance in the abrasion and in the water, it is to repaint an old painting(cloth) which can make still some seasons.
Use you a special paint(painting) bathroom, paint(painting) for ground, for the wood, for the iron?
The old paint(painting) on the painting(cloth) is going to be sanded, application can be of one under coat(layer) and then paint(painting).
What advise(recommend) me you?
Thank you in advance for your help(assistant).
Bill

Hi Bill,

It is best to use a good quality marine enamel paint for painting the exterior canvas for your canoe. Epifanes is an excellent brand. It is a Dutch company, and it is available in France.

For the interior of your canoe, and other naturally finished woodwork (gunwales, decks, thwarts, seats), use a good quality marine spar varnish. Again, Epifanes is a good brand and is available in France. While I have not personally used it, Le Tonkinais is getting very good reviews, and it is made it France.

In all cases, follow the manufacturers recommendations for preparing the surface for recoating.

Back