Westport,ct event

DAVID EDGERLY

Enthusiastic about Wooden Canoes
ON APRIL 28TH I AM ATTENDING A MAKER FAIR IN WESTPORT, CT THIS WILL FEATURE ALL THINGS THAT INDIVIDUALS HAVE MADE. I HAVE TWO CANOES THAT I WILL BRING ALONG WITH BOOKS AND CANOE PARTS FOR DEMO. LOOKING FOR ANY LOCALS THAT MAY BE INTERESTED IN PROMOTING THE WCHA AT THIS EVENT. THIS IS NOT A BOAT SHOW BUT I AM TOLD THERE WOULD BE ACCESS TO THE SAUGATUCK RIVER. THIS COULD BE SEED TO START CT CHAPTER. FOR MORE INFO GO TO www.westportmakerfaire.org or contact me
DAVE EDGERLY

Is there a CT chapter? I live in Long Island NY and was interested in learning more, thx.

Is there a CT chapter? I live in Long Island NY and was interested in learning more, thx.

Connecticut and Long Island, New York are both areas with lots of nice old canoes and no active WCHA chapters at the moment. Let me know if you or anyone else wants to start one. Thanks,

Benson

Hi Benson, thanks for getting back. Honestly I know very very little about canoes and restoring ones, but I'm supposed to pick up an old boat next month let's see if it's worth fixing up. At that time some club memebers of the Long Island Kayakers will check out the boat and tell me what the positives and negatives are that I'm getting myself into, especially since $ are not easy to come by for now. But I would like to find out more information from you about what setting up a chapter involves. Thank you and I hope this canoe project I'm getting into works out. Sailing a canoe, hmmm very interesting. \

Thanks David

I would like to find out more information from you about what setting up a chapter involves.

Setting up a WCHA chapter can involve as much or as little as you want to take on. Some chapters have large groups with regular meetings, trips, local versions of the annual Assembly, restoration projects, newsletters, dues, etc. while others simply provide a point of contact if anyone in the area has a question about an old wooden canoe. I can provide more details to anyone who is interested in setting up a chapter. Thanks,

Benson

Will keep in touch with you in the future, thx. Like I said earlier let me see what happens after I get this boat. I'm hoping that after 25 years of sitting in his hot garage rafters this boat isn't brittle and worthless.

Back