Water transfer decals for Penn Yan & Carleton - any interest out there?

Howie

Wooden Canoe Maniac
FYI... I've made up some water transfer decals for my Penn Yan & Carleton canoes from images some kind folks have sent me. See the attached pics. I have some extra, and I could make more, and I'm wondering if anyone else would like some. If enough of you do I'll list them on eBay as a buy-it-now item. I figure I'll ask for $8 for two (an extra in case you make a screw-up!) with free shipping, just to cover my costs. I've attached some pictures of each type. The 3 pics each show the decal I'd supply, along with what it looks like applied on a surface. Note that I've put the Carleton on a hunk of aluminum since the original was actually a stamped metal part. There are also two Carleton images - one of better quality than the other. As to that, note that all the images are a bit grainy. But hey, they're not original! I figure they'll do I get my hands on an original.

But be aware - this is experiment. I make no guarantees as to how long they'll last on a canoe. I mean, it's not as if I make the stuff, and I have no experience with it. But I figure the cost I'm asking is low enough to warrant a try. And when it comes right down to it, if you need 'em where else will you get 'em?

Please note: you must thoroughly coat the decal while on the backing with a clear acrylic before you get the decal wet (or the image will bleed). And you'll need to trim the decal to the final desired shape before application.

So let me know if there's any interest.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 354
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 326
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 303
Howie those look great, was it easy to make. i need to make some for my chestnut and old town.If I had a pen yan i 'd snap some right up

carleton stickers

:)
FYI... I've made up some water transfer decals for my Penn Yan & Carleton canoes from images some kind folks have sent me. See the attached pics. I have some extra, and I could make more, and I'm wondering if anyone else would like some. If enough of you do I'll list them on eBay as a buy-it-now item. I figure I'll ask for $8 for two (an extra in case you make a screw-up!) with free shipping, just to cover my costs. I've attached some pictures of each type. The 3 pics each show the decal I'd supply, along with what it looks like applied on a surface. Note that I've put the Carleton on a hunk of aluminum since the original was actually a stamped metal part. There are also two Carleton images - one of better quality than the other. As to that, note that all the images are a bit grainy. But hey, they're not original! I figure they'll do I get my hands on an original.

But be aware - this is experiment. I make no guarantees as to how long they'll last on a canoe. I mean, it's not as if I make the stuff, and I have no experience with it. But I figure the cost I'm asking is low enough to warrant a try. And when it comes right down to it, if you need 'em where else will you get 'em?

Please note: you must thoroughly coat the decal while on the backing with a clear acrylic before you get the decal wet (or the image will bleed). And you'll need to trim the decal to the final desired shape before application.

So let me know if there's any interest.

yes i would like to buy some carleton stickers if i could as i cannot find orginal for my 1918 thank you

Hey Howie,
Doesn't sound like business is booming. Or perhaps I should be conducting it in not so public a place?

I'd love to get one (or two!) of the blue Penn Yan decals, if you still have them available. Thanks for sharing your work.

Steve

I'm restoring a penn yan rowboat and those stickers will look great on my oars. I'll take a pair, send me an email and I'll send you a paypal bongocruiser @ gmail .com no spaces.

Howie, I've done two penn yan's in the last couple of years and was haveing trouble getting the blue and red decal from that penn yan site. So the blue and red one would be great I could use a couple. I just finished a Carleton/old town 1933 I think it was made in the old town factory. It has the origional Carleton plate on the deck, it's different from the one you show. If you want a photo of it let me know. Dave. Let me know when i can order some.

Back