Serial number search

Sassafrasz

I am restoring an Old Town Canoe (serial number 787 059 16) and would appreciate any information you have about it.

Attachments

• IMG_6828.jpeg
    IMG_6828.jpeg
    218.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6827.jpeg
    IMG_6827.jpeg
    206.3 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Welcome and congratulations, the Old Town canoe with serial number 78759 shows an 18 foot long canoe which doesn't match the trailing 16 in the serial number you provided. Can you confirm the extreme overall length of the canoe and provide pictures of the serial numbers from each end? The suggestions at the link below may help if the numbers are hard to read. Thanks,

Benson

IMG_6827.jpeg
IMG_6828.jpeg

Welcome and congratulations, the Old Town canoe with serial number 78759 shows an 18 foot long canoe which doesn't match the trailing 16 in the serial number you provided. Can you confirm the extreme overall length of the canoe and provide pictures of the serial numbers from each end? The suggestions at the link below may help if the numbers are hard to read. Thanks,
THE CANOE IS 16 feet long.
thanks
Benson

My guess is that you have the Old Town canoe with serial number 787059. This is a 16 foot long, Otca model with red western cedar planking, spruce and mahogany gunwales, mahogany decks, mahogany thwarts, mahogany seats, and an ash keel. It was built between January and February, 2013 at the Island Falls Canoe Company. The original fiberglass exterior was left clear. A scan showing this build record can be found below.

This original record is reproduced through the courtesy of the Island Falls Canoe Company. I hope that you will donate, join, or renew your membership to the WCHA so that services like this can continue. See https://www.woodencanoe.org/about to learn more about the WCHA and https://www.woodencanoe.org/shop to donate or join.

It is also possible that you could have another number or manufacturer if this description doesn't match the canoe. More details are available from the Island Falls catalog at the link below. Feel free to reply here if you have any other questions.

Benson

OTC-787059-16.jpg

Last edited:
Back