Serial number request

First time asking this, I assume I'm asking Benson? I just had an Old Town come in and the owner knows nothing about it besides it was his grandfathers. The serial number is 117802 and it's 16'. Can I get the build sheet here or do I contact Old Town? Thanks in advance.
 
Welcome, you are asking in the right place. The Old Town canoe with serial number 117802 is a 16 foot long, CS (Common Sense or middle) grade, HW model with red Western cedar planking, open spruce gunwales, oak decks, oak thwarts, oak seats, and a keel. It was built between May and July, 1936. The original exterior paint color was similar to the one at http://www.wcha.org/catalogs/old-town/designs/design37.gif which was known as the design number 37. It shipped on July10th, 1936 to Big Moose, New York. A scan showing this build record can be found below.

This scan and several hundred thousand more were created with substantial grants from the Wooden Canoe Heritage Association (WCHA) and others as you probably know well. A description of the project to preserve these records is available at http://www.wcha.org/catalogs/old-town/records/ if you want more details. I hope that you will donate, join or renew your membership to the WCHA so that services like this can continue. See https://www.woodencanoe.org/about to learn more about the WCHA and https://www.woodencanoe.org/pricing-plans/join to donate or renew.

It is also possible that you could have another number or manufacturer if this description doesn't match the canoe. Feel free to reply here if you have any other questions.

Benson



1791062239240.png
 
Back
Top