RC you need pics for the real assist. There is salt and there is SALT !! I did two with wicked salt and it can be done with a lot of patience and physical effort. I used my 1100 psi pressure washer with an aggressive stripper. I had to use every clamp I had to secure everything as all the fasteners were suspect and it almost fell completely in the driveway. That was really successful and then I went to the two part teak cleaner and took special pains to make sure I really paid attention to every salt ring. At the end they were not distinguishable before oiling or after varnishing. I think it took me some 4-6 hours to get it right with all the fussing at the end, but it was worth it to save an early Williams 16 foota. The 17 foota I had was not quite as bad but almost and provided a sense of what could be done so I did it.
Have fun and be patient and hopefully you do not need to rust this once in decades conservation.