Prescott Canoe

ticonderoga

"Just one more"
I was lucky enough to pick up the Prescott canoe off the classifieds this past week. It looks like a very interesting canoe: 18' long and 36" wide with a depth of almost 18" below the decks. It has been worked on in the past so I don't know if these are the correct dimensions. It looks very wide and shallow at the middle and the in/out gunwales are at a steep angle going away from the rib tops. Does anyone have any info on this builder other than the info on the Maine Canoe Builders on this website." Presott canoe and boat company, Webster, Maine". Webster in just south of Old Town on the Penobscot river. I would like to get the proper dimensions so the restoration can begin! Thanks

Presott canoe and boat company, Webster, Maine". Webster in just south of Old Town on the Penobscot river.

I think that you mean Brewer since Webster, Maine is quite a bit north and east of Old Town. I don't know of any other examples or catalogs to provide the correct dimensions so you will probably need to use your best judgment to guess the original shape. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Benson

I think that you mean Brewer since Webster, Maine is quite a bit north and east of Old Town. I don't know of any other examples or catalogs to provide the correct dimensions so you will probably need to use your best judgment to guess the original shape. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Benson

Thanks for the input. It will be a unique canoe once it's done.

Back