PLEASE HELP !!! Peterbilt freighter canoe !?

Heff

Curious about Wooden Canoes
Hey everyone , I am hoping someone can help me out with this freighter canoe that I recently purchased. The guy I bought it from told me that it is a Peterbilt freighter canoe used a long time ago to deliver supplies to the northern communities of Canada . However , when I try to find any info on peterbilt canoes I can't find a single thing .

The boat is 18 feet long with a 52 inch beam , the stern is 36 inches wide and the boat is 18inches deep at midship , please have a look at the pictures , thanks !

Attachments

• IMG_2020.jpg
    IMG_2020.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_2018.jpg
    IMG_2018.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 361
  • IMG_2022.jpg
    IMG_2022.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_2019.jpg
    IMG_2019.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_2021.jpg
    IMG_2021.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 308
Can't help with this specific boat, but I suggest you research the Peterborough Canoe Company of Peterborough, Ontario, Canada. The company existed from about 1890 until the 1960's. They built freighters of the sort pictured, and many were used as the 'pickup trucks' in the far north. I've ridden in them. Tom McCloud

Can't help with this specific boat, but I suggest you research the Peterborough Canoe Company of Peterborough, Ontario, Canada. The company existed from about 1890 until the 1960's. They built freighters of the sort pictured, and many were used as the 'pickup trucks' in the far north. I've ridden in them. Tom McCloud

Hey I have looked and nothing on the list of boats they made matches the dimensions of my boat

Back