Old Town Wood & Canvas in Iowa

GStark

As editor of the news bulletins for our Sticks In the Water paddlers group in Eastern Iowa, I received this note, and thought that some of your WCHA members might be interested. Please contact David directly.

FOLBOT KAYAK & OLD TOWN WOOD & CANVAS CANOE:
Dear Sticks In the Water,
This is David Tucker. My father died two years ago and left two boats that my mother would like to move along. One is a folbot, pre 1990, and I think a two-person kayak. I think it is in good shape. It wasn't used in recent years. The other is an 18' Old Town wooden-framed canvas canoe. The canvas covering is gone, leaving the wooden frame, which is kept mounted on a rack in a garage. I don't think the frame has much, if any damage. They bought the canoe locally in the early 1970s and used it for several decades. She has the Old Town production serial number for it, I think. Obviously, this would be for someone interested in a project, and probably someone interested in Old Towns.
I haven't been canoeing much in recent years. We would like to find someone who would be interested in either of these boats. If you know of someone, please let me know.
Thanks
David Tucker
david-tucker@uiowa.edu

Back