Old Town Canoe S/N - XTC78140G687

Rodney Herman

Looking to buy this Old Town Canoe, and I'd like to figure out what model and year it is. Also, the material type if that can be found. Thanks!!

Welcome, it is my sad duty to report that the scanned Old Town records stop just over 250,000 in 1984 so no one here can provide more detailed information for this canoe with serial number 278140. The last two digits of the hull identification number you provided indicate that it was probably built in February of 1986 for the 1987 model year. The information at http://www.usps.org/national/safety/HIN/HIN.pdf may help you interpret this number. I may be able to identify the model and material if you post some pictures and dimensions. Good luck,

Benson

Benson,
The canoe is about 17'-3" long and 35.5" wide, the color is gray, and the seats are woven straps (looks like they were replaced at some point. Here are a few photos. One photo has the shadow of the model decal that once existed, but I can't make it out.
Thanks again for your help,
Rodney

Attachments

• canoe1.jpg
    canoe1.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 171
  • canoe2.jpg
    canoe2.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 157
  • canoe3.jpg
    canoe3.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 168
  • canoe4.jpg
    canoe4.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 162
Thank you for your helping finding that information. I'm a little surprised at the canoe's age, as it still looks really good. We're looking forward to getting it out on the water and having fun!

Back