Nymph Canoe

You call that heavy!?
Are you bringing it to Assembly? I'd like to try it out as it is a challenge to find a small solo paddler for a "heavier" guy.

Paddle

Rob:

If it is still in my possession at Assembly time, I will bring it and you are more than welcomed to take it for a spin. My mother may have it by then though. I am not sure on the delivery date.

I dress out at about 195 lbs. I plan to take it for a test paddle. I will see how it goes.

Nick's specs say that the 12 footer may handle a 200lb paddler.

http://www.guillemot-kayaks.com/guillemot/kayak/nymph_canoe/12_foot_nymph

At 195 it might handle a bit better than you think as it is "well ballasted". :p

Seriously, I think these little double paddle boats handle a bit better with a load. Very nice job, Fitz. Not a bad weight considering all the hardwood and hardware.

beautiful job fitz. i would not worry about the weight i am sure mom will be able to handle it. it really came out beautiful

Strip thickness

I used 5/32's like canoe planking. Nick Schade used 1/8th.

Launched!!

Launched!! Brendan, the Mighty Test Pilot, put the canoe through a series of tests designed to keep Grandma safe. He willingly risked life and limb and even conducted the dreaded Tip Test, and survived at least 1/10th of a G flipping the prototype. Word is that the vessel is extremely fast and agile. All the DarkSider kayakers at the launch pad were extremely jealous.....especially given the leg room of this particular model..:cool:

Test Pilot Brendan is also sporting his newly acquired military Test Pilot hair doo...much to the dismay of his loving Mother...:p

Fitz.

Attachments

• Launch3.jpg
    Launch3.jpg
    417.2 KB · Views: 598
  • Launch2.jpg
    Launch2.jpg
    344.6 KB · Views: 611
I remember when my boy didn't want his beautiful curls anymore. Now he's in his early 30s and would love to have some of that hair back!

We need pictures of Grandma too!

Grandma Launch

Grandma got Launched today.

She highly approves. We are all looking forward to the Norumbega Chapter Father's Day Paddle in the morning.

Fitz.

Attachments

• GrandmaTestRun.jpg
    GrandmaTestRun.jpg
    351 KB · Views: 568
  • GrandmaTestRun2.jpg
    GrandmaTestRun2.jpg
    372.2 KB · Views: 1,090
Back