Norumbega Winter Meeting - rescheduled.

Fitz

Wooden Canoes are in the Blood
In Memoriam
The Norumbega Winter Meeting scheduled for last Sunday had to be postponed due to a power outage at the Hale Reservation. The Meeting has been rescheduled for this coming Sunday, February 14th, 2016 at the Hale Reservation, Westwood, Ma. The power has been restored and with a little luck we will not have another blizzard to spoil our plans.

Once again we have reserved the Trading Post Lodge for the afternoon, from noon until 5:00 pm. We will kick off with a lunch at noon and a social hour or so, a business session to discuss what we might want to do this coming paddling season, our plans for the upcoming Assembly in July and then more socializing, sharing old wooden canoe news with our canoeing friends. Be sure to bring along any projects that you are working on or gadgets that you have found helpful in the shop or in the canoe to share with the members.

Speaking of lunch, we will be serving a beef stew and the makings for sandwiches and soft drinks, tea and coffee. It would be appreciated if members could bring along a salad and some dessert items, as we have done before. Let Steve know what you can do, please.

We have some exciting awards and door prizes this year, and, as usual we will have a drawing for these prizes.

Again this year we will have a Norumbega Book Sale. Bring in any old books that you have kicking around on canoeing, camping, wilderness exploring, etc. that you have read and probably won’t be reading again and we will sort them out, price them, and put them out for sale, the proceeds to go to the Chapter to help keep future dues down to a minimum. This is Brad Chamberlin’s idea, he has a bunch of books to bring and I have gathered up a few that I can spare, so, see what you can bring. I expect to come home with more than I came with.

To get to the Hale Reservation, use Exit 16B off Route I-95 (Route 128), Westwood, and follow Route 109 west to the fourth right, Dover Road. Follow Dover Road to the third right, Carby Street. Continue on Carby Street an eight of a mile to the main entrance of the Hale Reservation. The Trading Post Lodge is almost a mile into the reservation, on the right. There is a good sized parking lot across the street from the lodge.

If there are any weather delays I will make an announcement the night before the meeting.

I hope to see everyone there on the 14th!:cool:

Another update:

Our winter meeting will be held this Sunday, February 14th at the Hale Reservation in Westwood, MA from noon until 4:00 pm.

We have been moved from the Trading Post Lodge to the Powissett Lodge which is about a half mile further down the road from the Trading Post. Watch for signs along the way.

The Powissett Lodge has recently been re-built and is now a bigger and better facility than the Trading Post, it should be a perfect venue for our gathering.

The weather forecast for Sunday says it is going to be very cold, but, it will be nice and warm inside.

See you all on Sunday,

Steve Lapey

Back