ulp8

Curious about Wooden Canoes
After finding all the answers I needed in identifying my BN Morris canoe and Elgin (Sears & Roebuck) Molded Plywood canoe I just had to join. All the forum folks have been so helpful. The club has a truly amazing website. I am also a member of the Antique and Classic Boat Society (yes I own a couple of noisy mahogany stink pots too). My wife and I live about 20 miles west of Gettysburg Pa. however, we were both born and raised on Seneca Lake, NY and the water is still a big part of our life. My father actually worked at Fay&Bowen, Penn Yan, and Angler Boat Companies in the Finger Lakes region of NY. My winter project is to make a sailing rig for my 52 lb Elgin canoe. We look forward to being an active members of WCHA.

Welcome to WCHA!

So, whenever we have our yearly Assembly at Keuka, you'll feel like you're in home territory!

If your father has any interesting tales of canoe-building history, keep in mind that such things are appreciated in our journal, Wooden Canoe. Any old pictures of folks working on canoes in the Penn Yan factory?

There's an active WCHA chapter in PA!

Denis and I are also members of ACBS, and all we have are old rag-boats...

Kathy

Welcome! The Three Rivers Chapter would enjoy meeting you and having you join us for any of the events in our schedule. Let me know if you would like to receive our newsletter.

Max Peterson
max@maxwoodworking.com
(412) 831-7066

Yes Im pretty familiar with Keuka and Seneca lake. My dad past away in 1985, no pictures. He bought a Glaspar fiberglass boat in 1957 and said it was the greatest thing that ever happened to boating. I would have a million questions for him now!

I would guess you are in the Pittsburg area. Would love a news letter.

Back