Never to early to think about auction donations

Andre Cloutier

Firestarter. Wicked Firestarter.
Now if we could just get Pearson to whip up a scale Gerrish;);)

Attachments

• IMG_4308.jpg
    IMG_4308.jpg
    489.1 KB · Views: 459
  • IMG_4332.jpg
    IMG_4332.jpg
    488.5 KB · Views: 450
Last edited:
Auction paddle

Wow Andre, those are beautiful. You have inspired me to contribute to the auction this year. Here is the paddle I made for the auction, tiger maple, It has 4 coats of oil but will have many more by assembly time.
Craig

Attachments

• IMG_1969.jpg
    IMG_1969.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 453
  • IMG_1971.jpg
    IMG_1971.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 506
  • IMG_1972.jpg
    IMG_1972.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 471
  • IMG_1973.jpg
    IMG_1973.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 455
Craig, having recently hacked out some paddles, I can only stare and say Wow! I need to go burn some sticks that I thought were paddles.

What Dave said! ya know, that would have made one hell of a rifle stock for a new flintlock... looks terrific.

rifle stocks?

I've never had to use my rifle to propel the canoe but I suppose it would work in a pinch. I'll start saving the stock sized scraps for you instead of putting them in the kindling box :D

Andre:

I have a bent-shaft canoe paddle and a trout net to contribute to the auction this year. To where and to whom should I send them?
Sorry we cannot be there in person this year.
Wally Hauck in St. Louis

Wally,

You may want to check with Annie Burke - I believe you can mail stuff to Paul Smiths care of conference services, and a few of us will be arriving on Monday to begin setting up. Otherwise, you have a pretty small window of opportunity to get it to someone on time...

Dan

And I'll kick in two knives, one for the auction, one for the raffle (with leather sheaths -not pictured).

Attachments

• hunter skinner.jpg
    hunter skinner.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 404
Looks like we're going to have another fantastic sale; just when you think the stuff couldnt get any better.....

auction results

Thanks to the overwhelming generosity and spirited bidding of the membership, the auction came within a hair of the Franklin Pierce total, generating $11,969. The breakdown was as follows:

$3290 regular raffle
$900 quilt raffle
$7779 live and silent auction

Second best ever, after Franklin Pierce, which was $12,194

Without the efforts and assistance of everyone involved this could not be such a success repeatedly; its a pleasure to be involved with a part of this organization that brings out the best in everyone as they go above and beyond to contribute the WCHAs vitality and longevity.
Still, the best part was watching Mr Boyer resume the mic to dispense Hugh Clark's incredible canes...

Back