Name plate or decal for 1922 Carleton?

Howie

Wooden Canoe Maniac
As I wrote earlier in this Forum I've picked up a 1922 Carleton (thanks go to to Benson for the date & build info). I had been thinking that the front deck was missing the brass Carleton name plate because I thought I saw the necessary screw holes on the deck. But I've since stripped the deck, and what I thought were screw holes are actually worm holes! So this got me thinking... In 1922 Old Town would have assembled & shipped this canoe. So would a 1922 'Carleton' have come with the Carleton name plate, or with an Old Town decal? Anybody know?

As I wrote earlier in this Forum I've picked up a 1922 Carleton (thanks go to to Benson for the date & build info). I had been thinking that the front deck was missing the brass Carleton name plate because I thought I saw the necessary screw holes on the deck. But I've since stripped the deck, and what I thought were screw holes are actually worm holes! So this got me thinking... In 1922 Old Town would have assembled & shipped this canoe. So would a 1922 'Carleton' have come with the Carleton name plate, or with an Old Town decal? Anybody know?

Both of my Carleton's had tags. Even the I one that was built as an Old Town and shipped as a Carelton had a deck tag.
I think you need to keep looking for a tag!:D

Back