Looking for 17'-18' tripping boat.

rpg51

Enthusiastic about Wooden Canoes
I'm looking for a 17' or 18' wood canvas tripping boat. Chestnut Garry (Prospector) preferred. Might consider an 18.6 White or 18 Old Town Guide. Others? Perfect condition and Chippendale finish not necessary. Not looking for a basket case but would consider a boat in need of re-canvas and other repairs. The boat will be used for actual tripping, not hung on the wall.

I'm looking for a 17' or 18' wood canvas tripping boat. Chestnut Garry (Prospector) preferred. Might consider an 18.6 White or 18 Old Town Guide. Others? Perfect condition and Chippendale finish not necessary. Not looking for a basket case but would consider a boat in need of re-canvas and other repairs. The boat will be used for actual tripping, not hung on the wall.

Would you be interested in a fully restored 1909 Old Town? 17', all Mahogany trim, caned seats, dark green, central PA. canoetrip@pa.net

Sent e-mail. Thanks for the response. I doubt this is what I am looking for but it could be. Is it a "Guide" model?

This sounds like the sort of boat that would be best used as a cottage boat, not a hard working tripping boat which is what I am looking for.

Have you looked at any of the boats currently listed on the classifieds on this site?
There are several that meet your requirements perfectly.
There are also a few on Craiglist if you query that.

Yes, I did check out the classifieds. You are correct there are a few boats of interest. I attempted to contact the owners of each boat of interest. Some never replied others replied but for one reason or another the boat did not work out. That's why I'm casting the net a little wider.

Back