Help identify these two canoes.

Easternrivers

Traditionalist
First two pics are of a 12 footer, canvassed and the decks kinda look like Peterborough, but the pics are fuzzy. I have requested more info. will report back.

Second one the owner says was purchased in Ontario from Sears.
16ft. that's all I know. The sailing rig is from Old Town, but not that old I think.
I'm going to view it maybe this week. This one is covered in glass.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• SAILING CANOE.jpg
    SAILING CANOE.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 333
  • 12 footer-PEI2.jpg
    12 footer-PEI2.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 311
  • 12 footer-PEI.jpg
    12 footer-PEI.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 302
The first one could be a Peterborough (or other Peternut...)

The second one does look like a typical Quebec-made canoe sold through Sears. The sail rig, however is not Old Town. It's a homemade rig, looks like it was cobbled together with whatever was lying around...

The first one could be a Peterborough (or other Peternut...)

The second one does look like a typical Quebec-made canoe sold through Sears. The sail rig, however is not Old Town. It's a homemade rig, looks like it was cobbled together with whatever was lying around...

OK, thanks for the info. I gotta ask....what would be reasonable price for each?
I know what they're asking, but if I restore them, how much is too much?

First canoe appears to be a 16' Peterborough Champlain high end model. If it needs restoration the price range is about $400.00 to $1000.00 depending on what it needs. Second canoe probably is a 15.5' Huron. Price range is $100.00 to $600.00 before restoration, not including the sailing rig.

First canoe appears to be a 16' Peterborough Champlain high end model. If it needs restoration the price range is about $400.00 to $1000.00 depending on what it needs. Second canoe probably is a 15.5' Huron. Price range is $100.00 to $600.00 before restoration, not including the sailing rig.

Thanks Dave, but the owner says the canoe in the first two pics is only about 12 ft in length. Looks like Peterborough to me tho.
I coulda got the huron with sail rig for 250.00 last night, but i offered 200.00 and he turned me down. We'll sit on it awhile I guess. I really wanted to try the sailing rig, not so crazy about the canoe itself, although it is in great shape.

Back