Great Rivers Chapter... Jag Lake Outing

Dave Osborn

LIFE MEMBER
Last year's Jag Lake "Jamboree" attracted 25 campers, many canoes, and local drop ins. A great time was had by all.
We are doing it again! It's not that far off. Call ahead so we know about how many to plan for at Saturday evening's cook out.

September 11-14 Second Annual Fall Color paddle, camp, fish, socialize. Jag Lake Campground and nearby Manitowish River, Boulder Junction, Vilas County, in north central Wisconsin. Ferdy Goode will have a bark canoe(s?) there and Gene "Otter" Ott is hoping to have a launching of the birch bark canoe that he is building this summer. I will have a Walter Walker (still kicking at 101 years old!) built cedar plank canoe there, as well. There are serious collectors in our group, so there will probably be some rare and beautiful canoes in the mix.

It's a pretty free wheeling event with no specific schedule. Plenty of rivers and lakes to paddle, museums, local businesses, and eatery's to frequent. If you have a particular talent or thing that you would care to demonstrate related to our passion, that would be welcomed!
For the non-campers, there is lodging available close by.
Come and see old friends and make new ones!
For information: Dave Osborn 715-892-7391 or Gene Ott, 920-563-8715

Smooth it at Jag Lake

The weather looks to be good for the weekend, with only a slight chance of rain.....(compared to last year's monsoon!)
The local newspaper will be there for photos and a story, so bring a clean shirt!
Just found out that the 1926 War Canoe that I had a hand in restoring will be on hand for us to "tool around" in.

If ya haven't already seen it, here is the YouTube link to the war canoe story.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwzAxUDADkY

Non-campers... I still have an extra bedroom.... contact me if you are interested in coming, but don't want to camp.

Smoothin it in the Northwoods!
Dave

Back