EBay Heads-Up

Kathryn Klos

squirrel whisperer
Denis and I have personal knowledge of the condition of an Old Town Yankee currently listed on eBay (item 170319624493)... in fact, Denis took the pictures in the listing! Seller approached us at the recent Rec Show in Marquette, asking if we'd take a look at her canoe and tell her something about it. Because it's an Old Town, we were able to provide the build record. Denis assessed the boat's condition.

If anyone here is following this auction with intent to bid, please feel free to contact either Denis or me for an honest appraisal of the canoe's condition.

Seller replied to a question: "According to a collector that looked at it, it needs a little work but there are no holes or leaks that he could see. There is no rotten wood." If Denis is the aforementioned "collector", the seller wasn't paying attention to the list of problems.

Kathy

Ya, the old wood is addictive.

I remember back when I 1st got interested and was looking for projects, I couldn't find anything, and would have taken just about anything.

Now that a few have collected, my 1st question is always "what brand/model is it?" to see if it's anything interesting, and Old Towns are only casually looked at.

Dan

Back