Any thoughts on who made this canoe?

Dan Lindberg

Ex Wood Hoarder
Ran across this canoe, and I have some ideas but wanted to hear what others thought.

Sorry for the poor pics, they are all I have.

16ft 32 wide, no reported S/N, no decal or placks, however there are 2 holes in a deck where a plack could have been, don't have the spacing.

Dan

Attachments

• wis 1.jpg
    wis 1.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 374
  • wis 2.jpg
    wis 2.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 333
  • wis 3.jpg
    wis 3.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 395
  • wis 4.jpg
    wis 4.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 348
Good call Dan,

I took a look at my Mullins last night and the one in the pics sure looks a lot like it, same decks, thwarts, ribs.

Dan

The deck is not quite the same as mine.

I have attached a picture of the deck on my 16' Mullins. The profile is a bit different.

Paul

Attachments

• IM000230.jpg
    IM000230.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 345
Paul,

Thanks for the pic.

Yes, I noticed when I looked at the catalog pic that they showed 2 deck shapes, similar but different, and in reality, the one on the unknown canoe is different then both of them.

The unknown canoe deck has a smooth curve all the way to the rails, and doesn't seem to have the edges rounded over.

The deck on mine has the smooth curve all the way to the rails, but the edges are rounded over.

Your's has a slight bend near the rails plus the rounded edges.

The deck looks a lot like a Shell lake but the canoe doesn't have the horizontal planking, and there are the 2 small holes where a name plack could have been.

Another other thoughts?

Dan

Peterborough - Peternut?

The unknown canoe deck has a smooth curve all the way to the rails, and doesn't seem to have the edges rounded over.

The deck looks like the one on my Peterborough (Peternut). Otherwise, I can't offer much.

Back