20th Annual Killbear Paddler’s Rendezvous , Sept. 5-7, 2014

Rob Stevens

Wooden Canoes are in the Blood
20th Annual Paddler’s Rendezvous , Sept. 5-7, 2014
This is an informal, family friendly weekend of canoeing and camping attended by an eclectic group of racers, wooden canoe enthusiasts (Northern Lakes Chapter of the WCHA.org), marathon canoeists, canoe sailers, etc.
Exclusive use of Granite Saddle campground at Killbear Provincial Park, on the eastern shore of Georgian Bay, north of Parry Sound, Ontario.
Photos of last year’s Rendezvous here;
http://forums.wcha.org/showthread.php?11251-Annual-Killbear-Paddlers-Rendezvous&highlight=killbear
Rob

Extended stays are welcome tho Killbear Provincial Park allows general camping until Labour Day. These are primo campsites with immediate access to a warm Georgian Bay with 2 beaches and no bugs.
It is a favourite for canoe sailors.

Killber

Took a while to get photos from my brother but here are a couple of our weekend at Killbear. Not much of a turn out from WCHA but we had a great time with the sailing folks and the marathoners. It blew hard much of the time, too much to try out my almost completed sail rig on my 1939 Kennebec. We did get out paddling a few early mornings and late evenings when it was calmer. I did get out sailing with Steve and got a great and fun lesson. Scott went out in an outrigger with Gord who coaches the marathoners, bit off a little more than he could chew, I think. On Saturday Gord hosted a fish dinner for the whole campground. On sunday we headed down to "The Massasagua" for a couple days. One easy portage into Spider Lake which is big enough to entertain for a couple days. Weather was perfect and discovered it would be a great place if you want to take along some tenderfoots. Great week all in all.

Attachments

• DSCN1529 copy.jpg
    DSCN1529 copy.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 385
  • DSCN1531 copy.jpg
    DSCN1531 copy.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 378
  • DSCN1573.jpg
    DSCN1573.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 388
  • DSCN1581.jpg
    DSCN1581.jpg