Help support the WCHA Forums by making a tax-deductible donation!

Paddle hangers

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Craig Johnson, May 22, 2021.

1. Craig Johnson

Craig Johnson LOVES Wooden Canoes

Any ideas on how to hang a canoe paddle horizontally for display and are there commercially available hangers for those not handy enough to make their own? Let’s not get distracted discussing the wisdom of hanging them horizontally. Thanks.

2. 1905Gerrish

1905Gerrish LOVES Wooden Canoes

I personally use these. Can bend them anyway you want. Haven't had one fall yet!

Attached Files:

3. fred capenos

fred capenos Canoe Pilot

I boiled a popsicle stick and formed it over the shaft. Painted Adel clamps would work also.

Attached Files:

Dave Wermuth likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    Craig Johnson

OK. but what holds the blade end and keeps it from rotating?

5. pklonowski

pklonowski Unrepentant Canoeist

If either the Adel Clamp, or Fred's Popsicle Stick, were tight enough, that would stop the rotation. Also, the flat blade against the wall itself would stop rotation.

6. OP
    OP
    Craig Johnson

OK. Obviously I can make my own hangers but my sister came up with her own solution and saved me from having to send her some. Maybe even more elegant than my solution. Not much hanger showed on the blade
    7D496C81-0144-4506-8AEB-EFDAB291B958.jpeg BB2CF27A-B274-4D21-8568-F80F1ACA12AF.jpeg

7. crosscuts

crosscuts LOVES Wooden Canoes

The paddles are not horizontal but the blades are held by articulated hooks that conform to any blade shape.

R.C. unnamed.jpg

8. darkstar

darkstar New Member

I use monofilament suspended from above. I have about a dozen throughout the house and have never had one fail or drop
    [​IMG]

9. StephenLambert

StephenLambert New Member

Ohh! It's awesome! I really want to have many of those in my house!!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021