Hello from the Eastern Shore of Virginia!

Canoeguy

Curious about Wooden Canoes
I recently signed up to learn more infromation about wood and canvas canoes. I am a canoe enthusiast, I own three modern canoes, two solos, a Wenonah Prism and a Mohawk Odyssey 15, and a Wenonah tandem, a 17' Spirit II. I have had a canoe of some sort or another since I was 17 years old, traded a moped for it. I try to do several week long paddling trips a year, I have paddled 550 miles on the Yukon river, done the Everglades Wildernes Waterway (my favorite paddling destination) three times, crossed the Okefenokee Swamp, padddled a sea kayak from Key Largo to Key West, etc.

Last weekend, I lost my mind at an estate sale and bought four more canoes, two 1970's vintage fiberglass racing canoes, and two Old Town wood and canvas canoes, a 1963 15' "50 pound" model and a 1936 vintage 16' "Yankee" model. I will be posting in the proper forum my questions and dillemas...

My wife is making me a website so that I can include a lot of pictures, she's still working on it, but it will be up soon.

So, talk to you soon on the "Wood and Canvas" forum!

Welcome!

In these forums, you are with those who do not raise their eyebrows when told someone has more than one... or three... or ten... or thirty canoes!

Kathy

Back