What is it?

mforde

Canoe is 16' long, 36" wide and 12.25" deep. Ribs are screwed ever other rib to the keel. I am not sure if is fiberglass or canvas with some kind of finish. I have located what I believe to be the ser. # @ the bow stem. It start with a 16 ?478.
On the bow and the stern are images (faded print of some kind) of an indian head with head gear.
I have more pics if needed.

Thank You

Attachments

• DSCF4085.jpg
    DSCF4085.jpg
    544.1 KB · Views: 409
  • DSCF4084.jpg
    DSCF4084.jpg
    572.5 KB · Views: 432
  • IMG_20110727_074858.jpg
    IMG_20110727_074858.jpg
    398.7 KB · Views: 406
  • DSCF4088.jpg
    DSCF4088.jpg
    500.7 KB · Views: 399
Interesting canoe... can't say as I've noticed one showing up here in the time I've paddled these particular waters. Elements of woodworking finesse that suggest "older". How about that for a specific reply? What area of the world was it found in?

Interesting canoe... can't say as I've noticed one showing up here in the time I've paddled these particular waters. Elements of woodworking finesse that suggest "older". How about that for a specific reply? What area of the world was it found in?

The canoe was given to me by a friend that found it a the Madison NH town transfer station.

This could also be a canoe that has had some extensive repair/enhancement at some point. The Kennebec canoe with serial number 3478 was 16 feet long and one of the Old Towns with a serial number in the x478 range probably is as well although these are not as easy to search out. Can you attach an image of the serial numbers from each end and the indian decals from the decks? Thanks,

Benson

Looks like chair rail molding from Lowe's in that last shot, to me. And not mitered very well.

Back