Virtual and Assembly 2021 has begun!

Michael Grace

Lifetime Member
WCHA Virtual Assembly 2021 has begun! Tonight was the first of four nights, and it was very enjoyable to learn about the rich history of canoeing and canoe building in Toronto, and getting some very interesting tips on food preparation for canoe trips. The symposium about and by women canoe builders was also excellent. Five women canoe builders from five different shops talked about how they got started and showcased some of the outstanding work that they do. The entire night was a real treat.

Join us tomorrow night for a host of new presentations on:
- canoeing in the United Kingdom
- tips for beautiful canoe-related photography
- a tour of antique and historic canoes in a diverse private collection
- the restoration of some huge war canoes at an Idaho youth camp

Registration is open to everyone, and is FREE!

For details and to register:
https://www.woodencanoe.org/2021-assembly

I thought the presentations last night were great! Thank you to all that put in the hard work to make it happen.

Fitz

I'm going to echo Fitz- last night was so much better than I even hoped! Great stuff!
The presentations were all really well done and I am glad they are available to view again.

And while I do know you can't replace attending the Assembly in person, I wonder about recording portions of the Assembly in the future and making it available to a wider audience that cannot attend in person. I'm not suggesting more computers, Pam, but rather as an opportunity for potentially additional outreach to a wider audience...

Bruce

Thanks for those links Benson. I decided not to stay up from 12am till 3am last night as I'd had a very busy long weekend of 200 kids, 40 miles of walking and hills and more hills finished off with a minibus that didn't start.
I may also duck out of this evenings as I know the little Ouse river well - but will watch on catch up!

Sam

Thanks for those links Benson. I decided not to stay up from 12am till 3am last night as I'd had a very busy long weekend of 200 kids, 40 miles of walking and hills and more hills finished off with a minibus that didn't start.
I may also duck out of this evenings as I know the little Ouse river well - but will watch on catch up!

Sam
You will miss me getting wedged under a tree at Santon Downham :)

I have just watched Geoff’s presentation on leak proofing. Very good. Angelika is not going to be too happy finding one of the saucepans now being used to brew a supply of “boat soup” to get sloshed over the 1900 Peterborough Cedar Rib :)

Back