Unknown Courting Canoe

Well I got it out. The hull is very fair. It's unknown. The dog is to and he's pretty cool. I looked over serial number dies, and it doesn't have comparison to Robertson. It does to HB Arnold stamps. I think it will always be a mystery.

Attachments

• 00007.jpg
    00007.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 387
  • 00002.jpg
    00002.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 396
  • 00021.jpg
    00021.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 401
jchu

Love the paint job on your refurbished courting canoe. Dick Persson has been working hard on my 16' Robertson. We managed to save about 4' of each end, along with original decks, coaming, etc., but most of the ribs (22) and planking in between had to be replaced. Soon to be re-canvased and then painted. We're now looking around for ideas re color scheme; yours is very attractive ... and just might get copied if you don't mind.

Roger

Thanks Roger, it was a great candidate for a restore and it was within 2 hours drive. Thanks to Mark A . I replaced 3 ribs, did a tip repair, new outer stems, new keel,very small amount of planking. It isn't your trophy 4' deck courting canoe but it is in great condition.

I painted it as close to it came originally, it had original canvas. The main colour Kirby Bottle Green #12, big stripe Kirby Pea Green #36, Gold 1/2 strip with Black pin strip. Doing a fancy paint job was beyond my abilities. Goes good with the ride.

I think your old Mahogany decks will be turn out beautiful. Dick would be my choice for a restore.

Attachments

• 00036.jpg
    00036.jpg
    280.8 KB · Views: 354
Back