Traveler and Ami Help

Lost One

Curious about Wooden Canoes
As I am new and trying to figure out what plan that I would like to use on my fist build I came across the Ami design by Stewart River Boatworks that interested me. It was also recommended in also thinking about their Traveler design. I reached out to Alex at Stweart River to find out if there were any of these designs that he knew of that might be on the east coast between Virginia to Maine that I might be able to make arrangements to go see before deciding. He does not keep track where the plans that he sells go or if the people actually make one. He could recal an Ami that went to Oregon and a Traveler going to California this past year but nothing closer to Pennsylvania.

I am just posting to see if anyone has or knows of where one of these two canoes might be located between Virginia to Maine that I might be able to see in person. Depending on the location I could also make arrangements to go outside of this area as well. Unfortunately I will not be able to make it to the Assembly this year in NY to check out different designs. I am not set on these designs but it more of a starting place for me until I figure out what the best design for me would be.

Back