The passing of member Andy Hutyera

Michael Grace

Lifetime Member
Andy Hutyera.jpg

WCHA member Andy Hutyera suddenly passed away during a recent family & friends outing. He will be sorely missed by many in our WCHA family. The following was sent to Three Rivers Chapter members by Brad Fisher:

It’s with a heavy heart that we share the news that founding 3R WCHA member Andy Hutyera passed away today while camping with Jackie and friends in Canada. He was doing what he loved - canoeing and fishing with good friends. He was a very young 81.

If you‘ve spent any time with Andy at all, you, like I, will cherish his warmth, humor, wisdom, big heart, and commitment to all things canoeing. His leadership and his dedication to the Chapter Newsletter and to Chapter events were so important in keeping our Chapter going. His passing leaves a Prospector-size hole in our membership and in our hearts as well.

His family is collecting photos. If you have some you’d like to send, the email address is waderpertader@gmail.com.

Andy's obituary can be found here:

Paddle on in peace, Andy.

I like many was with Andy and Jackie at the latest Assembly. A thoroughly good guy who will be greatly missed. Here is a photo of Andy and Jackie drinking in the “Million Dollar View” of lower St Regis Lake from Blum House.

Sincere condolences to Jackie and the family
P7150020.jpeg

Yes, he will be missed. Seems I was just "talking" with him about his latest project and trips to the North Country.

Back