St. Louis Boat and Canoe 1159 18

textin

I have an 18’ canoe that I believe to be made by St. Louis Boat and Canoe Company. It has the arrowhead deck. The serial number is 1159 18. The white canvas has a green picture of a flying duck on the bow and there is a picture of a fish on the stern. There are small pictures of teepees and phoenix on the canvas running just under the gunwale the length of the canoe. Would anyone be able to give me any information on this canoe? Thank you.

More info to follow.

Was this recently purchased from an estate sale in St. Louis? If so, one of chapter members looked at the canoe and can provide more info on build date, etc. We will contact him to post.

Hello, Welcome to the WCHA! I went by the sale Saturday morning and looked at the canoe to get the stem number. I determined it was a St. Louis Boat and Canoe Co. Best we can estimate, it was built in 1939. It's the second Arrowhead I have seen with bilge keels. It looks like someone tried to turn it into a sailing canoe, but I did not see any sale rig with it. I got there with the first group to enter the house. If you want to contact us for more information about the company and see more of the Arrowhead canoes we have (and the one we are building) please feel free to call. Congratulations on finding an Arrowhead built when Alfred Wickett was still running the company! Wally Hauck, 314-421-9966

Back