Red canoe song?

Dave Wermuth

Who hid my paddle?
I tried searching and could not find it, but isn't there a link here (or somewhere) to a song about 'my red canoe' ? you tube had other songs about red canoe but the cigar box version ain't it.

It's a lovely song, sung by a woman but I cannot recall anything else about it except that it is a tear jerker.

Any help is appreciated greatly.

It's on the CD "Canoe Songs," either Vol 1 or 2... just listened to it in hte car en ropute to work this AM. "Red Canvas Canoe" by Lorraine McDonald.

Thanks, much apprecitated. v painted.jpg

I was reading the WCHA forums, something I enjoy doing regularly, and the red canoe song thread caught my eye. My mom, who will be 88 next month, used to sing a different version to me when I was a boy in the early 1950’s. She says that the song was widely known when she was young.
Thanks for posting about the song. It brought back happy memories at a particularly difficult time. I’m home recovering after two weeks in hospital. I’ve missed my canoe camping adventures, and singing around the campfire. Hopefully, after a bone marrow transplant, I’ll be able to enjoy canoeing again. That will only be possible if I find a bone marrow donor. Please consider being a donor; visit www.marrow.org for information and a kit- it’s free, fast and if you are a match, you’ll be saving a life.

Red Canoe Song
I wish I had a red canoe,
Mmm, and a little bit more.
I wish I had a big full moon,
I wish a had a girl like you,
For then I’d had all things coming to me,

Jim Kirk
Long Beach, CA

I've been on the Bone Marrow registry for over ten years, and nobody ever calls me... guess I'm just not "Mr. Right." Yet.

Seriously, though, if you're not on the Registry, ask yourself "Why not?" Look into it...

Back