Question about Western Red Cedar for canoe builders

ebeeby

Novice Canoe Restorer
Would 2 logs of western red cedar be of interest to a builder? If so, I will post a classified with photos and etc. Just wondered if old growth logs (2 ) which are 12' and 11' length and 30" to 35" in diameter have any special value to a builder who uses quite a lot of western red.

If not, I won't go through the trouble of posting a classified and uploading the photos etc.

Mark,

YEP, just buy them, have them UPS'ed to NH, I'll saw them to your specs on the woodmizer and UPS them to Reno! Piece of cake! That wood would be the most expensive western red cedar ever tacked onto a canoe, I bet!!! LOL , BG Hey how are the sassafras canoe paddles coming along??

Ed

Mark,

YEP, just buy them, have them UPS'ed to NH, I'll saw them to your specs on the woodmizer and UPS them to Reno! Piece of cake! That wood would be the most expensive western red cedar ever tacked onto a canoe, I bet!!! LOL , BG Hey how are the sassafras canoe paddles coming along??

Ed

I'll take that as a "no interest".

Eric,

Nice offer but western red is readily available in Aye grade at "good" lumber yards.
Now if that was Northern white that would be a different story.

Dan

Back