Peterborough ID help please

gusto

Curious about Wooden Canoes
If anyone can tell me the age and model of this canoe it would be greatly appreciated. I have already contacted the administrator at the museum and cant seem to get any info.
the brass plate reads
16 4401
canvass covered

Could this be a Dart from 1927 to 1938????....dimensions were 16 X 32 X 12????....figure if anyone would know it would be Dick....looking forward to clarification....

Thise demensions sure sound close. waiting for my brother to get back from the jays game, he is going to measure it for us.

The Dart model is torpedo-stemmed canoe with high-peaked decks, the foredeck longer than the aft and with a built in locker. Can't see the decks in your photos, but the stem does not appear to have the torpedo profile.

Then could it be a Cruiser model:
Algonquin (1st Grade)
Huron (2nd Grade) 16 x 33 x 12

or even a low end Champlain 16 x 33 x 12

To identify your canoe and its age more information is needed; measure its length and beam, rib size and spacing. Pictures of the whole decks, seats, as well as an overall side view and top view of the canoe would also be helpful.

Dick Persson
Buckhorn Canoe Company

www.buckhorncanoes.com

May 15th will be back in Ontario and will take a load of pictures for you guys. Thanks again.
And that's a 1990 F150! ;)

Back