Old Town OTCA Rail Dimensions?

MarkRuns

Hello,

I have a 1958 Old Town OTCA in my shop ready for a restoration. Someone started work many years ago, replacing some areas of planking and installing new stems/inner rails. When I acquired the boat the outside rails were missing and the inner rails do not look to be the originals.

Does anyone have the original dimensions to the inner and outer rails?

Thanks for your help!
-Mark

My 1936 and 1959 Otcas have outside rails that are about one inch high and 3/4 of an inch wide. The inside rails are about 3/4 of an inch in both dimensions and narrow to about 1/4 of an inch wide at the tips as shown below on the one from 1959. Let me know if this doesn't answer your question.

Benson

IMG_2857.JPG

Benson,
Thanks for the reply! This is exactly what I was looking for.

Do you know the angle on the tumblehome? I had taken an approximate angle off the boat before I headed 2hrs south where I have access to a table saw and I left my numbers on the counter!

Thanks again for the help. Really nice to have people willing to lend their experience to my project.

Do you know the angle on the tumblehome?

No, but the middle of the inside rail is about one inch wide on the bottom and 3/4 of an inch wide on the top so you can probably work out the details from that. Let me know if you need anything else.

Benson

Back