Old Town 10' Dinghy

McKinley

Dinghyist
Is there anyway to decode anything from a partial serial number? I have a very old dighy that I believe to be Old Town and the last three digits of the serial number I can make out. They are 352. My guess is this is in the 100000 range, so 1**352. Any ideas or help? Thanks!

Is there anyway to decode anything from a partial serial number? I have a very old dighy that I believe to be Old Town and the last three digits of the serial number I can make out. They are 352. My guess is this is in the 100000 range, so 1**352. Any ideas or help? Thanks!

Not easily. 210,999 Old Town build cards were scanned, but they are not searchable except on a card-by-card basis. A couple of folks here have done just that, and they can witness to how tedious that can be!

It isn't just tedious, it's hard on the eyes! A single missing digit might be do-able, but two missing digits amounts to a lot of work and eye strain.

I have just reviewed all of the build records for the serial numbers matching the 1xx352 pattern between 100352 and 145325 and didn't find any ten foot long dinghies. This covers the entire range from 1930 to 1941 when the 10' 2" dinghy was listed in the Old Town catalogs. Can you provide a picture of the serial number and any hint about what the missing digits might be? This may not be an Old Town.

Benson

Back