Norumbega Chapter Winter Meeting

Fitz

Wooden Canoes are in the Blood
In Memoriam
The Annual Winter Meeting of the Norumbega Chapter is coming up. It is a great way to beat cabin fever! Sunday, February 10th, 12 to 5 PM.

Norumbega Chapter – Annual Winter Meeting

Norumbega Chapter Annual Winter Meeting will be held on Sunday, February 10, 2008 at the Hale Reservation in Westwood. This year we will be back at the Powiessett Lodge because the Trading Post is under renovations. The meeting will be from noon until 5:00 pm and everyone is encouraged to come, get away from the winter doldrums for a few hours to spend time with other canoe enthusiasts.

To get to the Hale Reservation, use exit 16B off Route 128 (I-95) and follow Route 109 west to the fourth right, Dover Road. Take the third right off Dover Road onto Carby Street. And the entrance to the reservation is in 1/8th of a mile. Once inside the reservation, stay on the main road for about a mile, past the Trading Post, to the parking area for the Powiessett Lodge. Once again, we have been reminded to be sure to park in the parking areas, not along the sides of the road.

We will be serving a light lunch to start off and will have a few presentations and have plenty of time to socialize and talk about old canoes and other topics before getting into the serious business matters that need to be discussed. I am hoping that as many members as possible will be able to make it to the meeting. Also, any donations to our lunch spread will be appreciated!

Norumbega Chapter Meeting

Fitz,

Thanx for the reminder. I plan on attending and will be picking Bill Clements up on my way down. Presume I'll be able to join the chapter while at the meeting.
Just completed a 1916 Otca and delivered it to my buddy in NJ last weekend. He had started the restoration in 1996 and soon realized that he did not have the time with 3 young children nor the experience to finish. (It was a real basket case)

Ed

Winter Meeting

Great Ed. I look forward to seeing you there. It's a great way to spend a winter Sunday afternoon. The location is fun too. The Hale Reservation is reminiscent of an old summer camp.

Back