No Octane regatta near Tupper Lake NY

I'll be there with my family, Dave McD is coming out from Michigan, and a few of the other No-Octane regulars are expected to show up....

See you there!
Dan

Hi Mike

I will be there with my molded veneer sailing canoe, it's blue and yellow.

If you see me come say hi.

Michael Leone

Nice day at Little Wolf Pond

Many folks turned out for a beautifully sunny day at the large sandy beach at Little Wolf Pond in Tupper Lake NY. There were good breezes for sailing most of the time, and folks came from NY, CT, NJ, OH, and other states. Many canoes and boats of all types to be seen. Nice to see a solid WCHA presence.
We also went to the new Wild Museum (NOT the museum at Blue Mountain Lake). Fascinating exhibits of Adirondack flora and fauna. Live otters swimming in one exhibit, and many trout and other fish in large tanks. Nice to see what's hard to catch...Still a bit under construction outside the main building.

Mike H.

Hi Andre

If you give me your email address I will send you some pics.
The file size is to large for the forum to post.

Mike

Photo try - help needed.

Hi - I've been trying to upload no-octane photos, but they're 1.23 meg and exceed the limits of the forum. How can I make them into thumbnails to post them without running afoul of the size limitation? (I have a MAC, if that matters.)

Mike H.

Attachments

• P6160017.JPG
    P6160017.JPG
    151.9 KB · Views: 288
How can I make them into thumbnails to post them without running afoul of the size limitation? (I have a MAC, if that matters.)

Hi Mike,

I use Mac OS X.4 - here are a few ways you can reduce your image size...

Since you don't have far to go (our limit is 1MB for attachements), you might be able to simply save again as a JPEG using Preview - move the quality slider lower and your file size will be smaller.

I also use IPhoto or, for batch resizing, Resize! (http://kstudio.net/re.html) - both will allow you to export to a defined file size (usually an image 800 pixels on its longer size is plenty big enough for the web).

Cheers,
Dan

fotos from no octane

here are the best of the ones I took.

Attachments

• P6160009 no octane.jpg
    P6160009 no octane.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 293
more fotos from no octane 07

Andy's canoes and other neat items

Attachments

• P6160002.jpg